I've been updating all the kids blogs. I found Zackariah's a little hard to break it down year by year. If you have read any of his other blogs You know we have had her times of struggles with him. I don't know where to start. When you don't know where to start I guess the beginning is the best place. I had 2 little boys who were a handful and beautiful bright little girl. I wouldn't say I didn't want more children. I thought I might down the road, but I wasn't sure If I would for sure or when. I had an IUD put in place the prevent any unplanned pregnancies. Then the unpredictable happen ! I got pregnant anyway. I had read about this pregnancies and how these IUD pregnancies don't turn out well most cases the babies are lost. My feeling in my heart changed the minute I found out I was pregnant. Planned or not I wanted this baby as much as the 3 I already had. I was happy to be pregnant. I ran to my midwife who had delivered Isabella and she confirmed I was in deed Pregnant. I couldn't wait for all the excitement over the next 9 months to happen, but before I got too far in my own joy. The OB brought fear to my heart. I was told I would miscarry The IUD could not be found, but either could the baby and the best thing to do would be to remove the pregnancy right away to prevent any infection. I said no !!! She told me I was getting to attached and there was no hope it sooner I do and move on the better. I stood by my heart. I didn't care if I was attached. She even told me I didn't want a baby otherwise I wouldn't have had a IUD put in placed. I don't care I am pregnant and I am going to fight for this baby. She sent me for blood work and "allowed" me to continued the pregnancies for 1 more week as we would have a followup ultrasound. this was the longest week of my life my heart wanted to talk to my baby tell him or her how much I loved them rub my belly tell the world I am pregnant but those words about getting too attached stuck out. I felt fine blood work came back fine, but I was told it didn't mean anything. Everyone asking how I am wasn't helping and not everyone in my family even knew. This was hard to live in this uncertain state not able to look forward to the future. The week finally passed as we went for this dreaded ultrasound to receive which I was sure was going to be the worst news ever and I had no idea how I would handle this, but to my surprise I had a beautiful active baby with a heart beat and everything seemed fine !! went on with my pregnancies finally happy a little bitter about the fact I could have lost my baby if I listen to the doctor, but glad I followed my heart. At 15 weeks my world came crashing down again. My midwife told me she was leaving and I was left in the hands of this OB or I could switch.... this ob also sent me for another Ultrasound where I found out the baby was to be a BOY ! and She wanted to do an xray which would cause a high chance of our son having leukemia later in life. That was it I am done with her !! There was one midwife left I could see to have my baby where I planned. I called about home births but I just couldn't afford it. I went with her. I had some preterm labor and fought that off only to be greeted with hurricane Katrina and losing my doctor along with everything, but my family. I found a midwife and ended up with a home birth anyway wonderful birth healthy baby boy Zackariah Elijah was born and beautiful !!!! we struggled to find a place to live and by the time our life settled in he had reflux and didn't gain weight well and struggle with formula and breastfeeding ect. When he was 10 months old Daddy fell and lost his job and was hurt pretty bad and our lives were upside down again. a Few months later I was pregnant again. Zack was finally beginning to walk and getting very active. We did our best to parent him the best we could. We had his sister 2 months premature. He was put in a mother's day out program we moved across the lake which seemed better for him. He was DX with ADHD right before his 3rd birthday. He started PEI class at his brothers and sister school a few days a week and we fought for more time for 2 yrs. He is now 5 1/2 and in a Pre-K PEI class 5 days a week talking a lot better We have been though a few medicines for his ADHD and we finally found a medicine that works for him. It's now summer time this spring he played T-ball I was a bit worried he wouldn't understand or do it but he learned a lot and enjoyed it. Now were enjoying the summer just swimming and hopefully some more fun stuff will happen this summer. He is a wild little man at times, but we wouldn't trade him for the world ! He will start Kindergarten this year I'm worried but I'm sure he will do fine !
my name is Danielle. I have six children Alexander (13 yrs), Cameron (12 yrs) Isabella (10 yrs), Zackariah (8 yrs). Emmaleigh (6 yrs old) and Mattheus born 11/7/13 I have been married to my wonderful husband,best friend, outstanding father to my children, Darin for 14 years. We live in Louisiana and spend out days and nights trying our best to live life to it fullest making our children feel loved and happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment