Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Doctor's appointment

Doctor's appointment




warning: read at your own risk

6/20/06

I took Zackariah in for a recheck on the bladder infection he gain another pound Whooo !!! He is up to 14lbs now WTG little man I'm so happy about that now on the other hand his urine is clean, which makes me feel good so now I don't understand why he has to go see a Urologist. My ped and I are butting heads on this one. I don't think it is necessary over ONE infection his urine is clean now to the antibiotic worked and I know he couldn't have had it longer than a week or so cause the GI had just tested his urine. The Ped is pressuring me to get his done.what I'm told they will do is a Renal ultrasound and a VCUG which is a cather (SP) with a dye in it. I told her I don't understand why he has to go tho this test over a hunch but she swears it not a hunch he had an infection and this is the golden rule on what you do when this happens every other doctor including herself has always done it this way. I told her she was freak out over what could be nothing and she pressed the issue on how she has supportive me on breastfeeding him even with all his weight gain issues then she told me she has supported me on the shots I'm her ONLY patient who is up to date on there shots made me feel like hey now I scratched you back now you scratched mine and if I don't allow his to be done I'm a horrible moms and neglecting my child which I am not !!!! I mean she said I can't force you but I've been here for the nursing and the shots !! I mean she did say if there was another way to do the study on his kidney and the tubs it would be okay but as far as she knows there is not and this MUST be looked at ...................I really don't know what I'm going to do yet I'm just at lost for words i did like my doctor until yesterday this fight was no fun the tension in the room was bad !!



Written by alexcambellazack Blog about this entry | Add to del.icio.us | digg this

This entry has 7 comments: (Add your own)
#7 Comment from vickicat5
7/22/06 10:26 PM | Permalink
My 2 yrs old had those tests dodne when he was a baby. He was diagnosed before he was born with fluid around the kidney. He's had an ultrasound every few months since he was born. I would do the ultrasound, just to make sure the kidneys & bladder are doing their jobs & aren't sluggish. Good luck!!#6 Comment from ruffasstites
7/22/06 7:18 PM | Permalink
Do what you feel is best for you and the baby. Maybe a second and third opinion. You know you family better than anyone else does. My prayers and thoughts with you all.#5 Comment from kelljern
7/22/06 8:08 AM | Permalink
You need to do what you feel right...Tell her you just need some time...Just watch the situation and see if anything comes up in the next month or so...Even ask for a second opinion with a doctor not related with her office....Yes most doctors do alot of test for a precaution..but this is a baby not a adult...Just my opinion...Way to go on the weight gain...Kellie#4 Comment from scrapinlover
7/21/06 9:44 PM | Permalink
You have the right to a second opinion Hun I would definitely excersize that right! And just know your family is in our thoughts and prayers! In the end you will make the right decision for you and your son... Do not let this doctor get you down. ((Hugs))#3 Comment from jennabugg0930
7/21/06 5:20 PM | Permalink
Girl it's your child not her's. She doesnt have to agree with your choices..it doesn't matter if she does or doesn't. If she's not supportive then she doesnt' need your business. You hired her, not the other way around! Go with your gut.#2 Comment from katkadenjustin
7/21/06 4:46 PM | Permalink
Hon you are his mother and you know what is best for your baby boy. I would have to agree with you and those tests just sound like it will be too much for that sweet lil boy to go through. If the infection is all gone then there should be no need for him to go through all that.#1 Comment from jassypoohsmom1
7/21/06 1:37 PM | Permalink
if you donjt feel its write for your son do not do it! it sounds ot be that you need a new ped! and it sounds to be like you dont need unessscary(sp) tests!
im so glad he gained though! big huggies !! lots of love

No comments: