well ......
6/26/06
this is hurting me to even write this ...... There is nothing wrong with formula I know many woman use it cause they want to or need to what ever reason and that is fine for them but for me it not quite fine since Alex I've always had it in my head Breastfeeding was the way to go ! Breastffed it the way is should be for me and my children and I have been fighting with Zackariah for months now. I still don't know what is wrong. Since March he has slowly been losing weight .... 2oz here 4oz there then he gain 3oz then lose another 2oz so his weight has been slowly dropping... He has lost a total of 2lbs since march he is VERY tiny can still fit into many 0-3 month onzies and such but is in most 3/6 mths stuff and he is nearly 9 months old. He is mostly Cloth Diapered, but I do have some regular Diapers I use on him at night (just to finish them off) and he is in a size 1. I have tried everything I can think of. I started him on solids and gave him things high in fat such as avocados and meats ect he was eating a ton then I backed off the solids i nursed non-stop still didn't help so we went back on solids stopped weighing him for a few weeks to see if it was just too often still no good I have been fighting my heart out and it been tearing me up inside I haven't even be able to talk about it with many people it's just so hard I want the best for my baby. when I stranger see him they still give me the look at the new baby look which is kinda cool but at the same time his first birthday is a little over 3 months away. When I asked them how old they think he is most people guess around 3-4 months. So I finally broke down I'm not going to stop breastfeeding I can't that too hard of a thing for me to do I am nursing him til he is done and them I'm giving him a bottle of formula after he nurses I'm guessing about 3ish a day this is so hard my heart is breaking do this but I have to do what is best for him and his health and losing weight at this age isn't good !!! We will see if this helps in a few weeks I guess he been tho 2 test ..... I sweat test came back normal and a xray at 8 mths which came back showing bone growth of 6 mths not sure what it all means ......sigh .......
Written by alexcambellazack Blog about this entry | Add to del.icio.us | digg this
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
#2 Comment from oceandreams94
7/9/06 10:07 AM | Permalink
You are a great mom and you are doing the right thing hun!! I cant imagine how worried you must be right now!!!!! :( (((Dani)))) You and Zach are in my prayers that they will get all this figured out very soon!! You can always talk to me or vent if you need to hun and you know all the girls on the bf loop are here to listen too! Hugs and Prayers!!#1 Comment from luvspspnkids
7/6/06 3:27 PM | Permalink
hehe don't kill me I must be behind because I just now read this well it was like 2 weeks ago so I am not THAT bad but I had no idea you had to start giving him formula. There is nothing wrong with formula and you don't need to blame yourself why? Because your still nursing him! Thats still awesome! Its also awesome they can't find something wrong maybe its just Zach being Zach :) No worries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment