Saturday, October 11, 2008

hard times and an update

hard times and an update


11/11/05



Things have been so hard on us the past few months. The Hurricane hit when I was 8 months pregnant We had to leave our home we had just moved into 29 days before the storm. We ended up in a shelter for a few days then with one friend for about 1 ½ weeks then another friend for another 1 ½ weeks. I had to track down my midwife who informed me she was in Texas and would not be there for the birth of our baby. I wasn't even sure if hospital would be running by the time I had our baby they were thinking the hospital would be up and running around mid-October I was due Oct 10th. Mid- Sept we headed to stay with my mom who was about an hour from my home. My home was damaged by the storm. We lost a lot our new sofa all our dishes, towels, Computer desk, lots of baby items clothes ect . So were staying with mom in hopes things will be ready soon. Landlord has some issues with the insurance company things came to a hault and I was praying to be home when I had our baby that didn't happen. I found a midwife near moms and ended up giving birth in her bath tub at her house which was wonderful and still hoped my home would be ready soon things were still at a hault my two oldest boys needed to be in school which was near my home so a week before my baby was born we all moved into my grandmothers well the baby came we stayed at moms for a week and then realized it much better for Isabella and I to stay at moms house and Darin and the two older boys stay at grandma's house. So for the past month that is what we have been doing. my husband, Darin and I living an hour apart he would come up on the weekends to be with me. I went back to stay for a few nights with Darin and the older boys when the baby was two weeks old and then again this week for Zack's pictures and hearing test. Darin stayed up here and took the drive on Halloween and again on Wednesday night after he brought me back here. Things have been Okay for the most part considering, but things between my mom and I have gotten pretty sticky She said some things to me as I'm sure I've said something to her. I know she is stressed out having us living with her, but I starting to feel like a teenager. Things have gotten dirty or gone missing and she stressed out over which her reaction to it has stressed me out and made things not so easy on everyone and today I guess was my breaking point all the little things have started to get to me. The littlest things would make me cry my eyes out. I mean I didn't know if enough was just enough or I was hitting some baby blues. I swear I was being to feel like a teenager at war with her mom. Today I about lost it I was in tears all of today I mean balling my eyes out I was board and she has no cable and the TV wasn't even picking up normal channels and I was doing laundry and there was a new pair of underwear that were my husband that I didn't even recognize that was so sad I don't even know my own husband undies !! and I was on the phone with him crying. Around 5pm today I got some pretty good news It's not our place being ready but there another apt in our complex it's only 2 bedroom and we have to pay the same price but we can use it until ours is ready which is music to my ears to get to have my own space with out feeling like a teenager living with my mothers rules. I get to live close to the older boys school get them on and bus I can make appointments I need to make like our Family Christmas pictures that I wasn't even sure how I would do with sears closing at 5pm on weekdays and me being here on weekends. Now I'll be back in my town. When Darin told me I cried I mean cried like a big baby I never had tears of happiness like that so I can get some sense of being normal and start replacing things I lost it's about time but keep your prayers up were back in our 3 bedroom soon cause Darin & I will be living in the living room, but at least we have out own space I won't go crazy living with Family and won't be so sad hearing Isabella ask for her daddy and me be unable to explain to a two year old why her daddy and older brothers can't be with us we can finally feel like a family again.

No comments: