made an appointment
7/29/06
I made an appointment for a consultation with another pediatrician for Zackariah and all the other kids. After the treatment and pushiness I got last week I thought my time with this pediatrician is up. I know she felt strongly about wanting my son to have this test done that I am not to convinced he needs she has shown me no proof that he has any cause for concern with his kidney's and I don't believe it just doing a test because. I believe she should have something to back up her feelings that something was wrong with his kidney's like blood work and waiting out to see if he got a 2nd UTI and I felt that this had become personal with her. I mean were talking about a test on the Kidney and she bringing up the past how she support me breastfeeding and how she been flexible with me when it comes to the shots and I'm her only patients without shots. First off why bring up the past or other things going on with Zackariah what does breastfeeding and my sons vaccine status have to do with his kidneys and her supporting me ? Nothing !! Seconds she is my doctor and is suppose to support me and has no choice what I do with my son as long as I'm not abusing him and I'm not even though if i do not get this test I'm not sure she will agree with that statement. he my son not her not hers and I have to do what I feel is best for him. This new doctor I'm meeting with I have no idea how he will feel about the Kidney situation, but I am told he likes patients to make there own choices and do there research. I also heard he does recommend certain shots but he won't push any of them on you and he supports breastfeeding so I hope and pray this goes well. The appointment is Thursday we shall see how it goes.
Written by alexcambellazack Blog about this entry | Add to del.icio.us | digg this
This entry has 10 comments: (Add your own)
#10 Comment from jassypoohsmom1
8/3/06 12:31 PM | Permalink
big huggies hun way to go on sticking up for yourself about your child and leaving! gl with the new doc!#9 Comment from mom2mykiddos9301
7/31/06 11:37 AM | Permalink
Best Of Luck! Keep Us Posted!
*Missy*#8 Comment from qt2nv99
7/31/06 6:45 AM | Permalink
Hope you like the new Dr. Good luck
XOXO#7 Comment from westtxsweety21
7/31/06 1:34 AM | Permalink
WTG Dani! I do believe a 2nd opinion is necessary here. I for one pretty much go with what our pedi says, but he has never come across as pushy as yours seems to be doing. I think she may be taking this a little too far. He is YOUR son! Do what YOU feel is right. Cause unless there is something she knows that she ain't telling you, it sounds as if waiting a bit wouldn't hurt him... and if she knows something she's not telling you straight forward, it's time to find another doc.#6 Comment from poohluvstigger5
7/31/06 1:00 AM | Permalink
Good for you!You have a right to stand up for your son!Good luck with this new doctor!He sounds like a good doctor!I hope that everything works out with this new doctor!Please let us know how it goes!My kids have an excellent doctor!!I really like their doctor!Good Luck!Hugs,Franny#5 Comment from oceandreams94
7/30/06 9:49 AM | Permalink
I hope all goes well! He sounds like a good doc!#4 Comment from jennabugg0930
7/29/06 11:48 PM | Permalink
Awesome dani! I hope it goes well and this Doc is great! good for you!! I am so proud of you. I have watched you go from a timid mom who did whatever her doc's told her to do, to now a woman who has her beliefs, does her research, and is willing to stand up for herself! Great job hun.#3 Comment from scrapinlover
7/29/06 9:56 PM | Permalink
I agree with you 100% and i am proud of you for standing up for you and your family!#2 Comment from aphillips130
7/29/06 8:55 PM | Permalink
>>>she is my doctor and is suppose to support me and has no choice what I do with my son<<<
Exactly!!!! Bravo to you for standing up to her! Hope all goes well with the new doc!((((Zackariah & Danielle))))#1 Comment from kaelebsmomma
7/29/06 8:49 PM | Permalink
Awesome Dani. I agree that this does seem to have went to a more personal level. I mean if your doc has no positive test results or nothing to support her reasoning, then this test probably is useless. I, however, am such a worry wort and I would immediatly be setting this test up! Doc's shouldn't say things like this, unless they have plenty of reason to worry. I hope the new pedi is more open and better with accepting your wishes! Good Luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment