Friday, October 10, 2008

Baby is here !!!

Date: 10/6/2005



Alexander ( 5 1/2 years) & Cameron (4 1/2 yrs) started school Monday Oct 3rd (Darin's Birthday) They were doing well. We were staying with Grandma and so was my Mom. My Mom & I had been driving them to school Every morning. Wednesday the 5th had been like any other day had a few contractions here and there nothing that hurt me too much, how ever I was still very uncomfortable, but I had been like that for weeks now which is expected since I had been walking around 4 cm Dilated. Wednesday was the First day I stayed at Grandma's while the boys were in school. all week I had been running errands with either grandma or mom. Wednesday I was very tired I tried taking a nap, but It wasn't working out too well. Isabella ( 23 1/2 months) was getting into a lot that day. My dad brought Alexander & Cameron to me at Grandma after school. Grandma wasn't having the best day either so when Darin got home after super we took the kids out of the house for a while. We just went for a drive I was contraction a little here and there nothing more than I had been all week I wanted baby out said lets take the kids to the park so I can walk. I walked around a little bit not much and nothing happened Contractions had stopped all together hadn't felt any in hours which is how it had been all week I have a few then stop so I thought It just wasn't meant to be. I thought maybe this weekend... and I wasn't in the mood anyway I had a kind of frustrating day. We went home and got the kids in bed and I took a shower and laved down I was so beat tried I just wanted to sleep. About 11:30pm I was contracting every few minutes dozing off in between them and waking up when I felt something to look at my watch I didn't want to make a big fuss because I had a feeling they would stop after a while anyway. I waited to midnight when everyone went to bed I got in the tub thinking it would stop everything cause I was so tried and not in the mood just wanted to sleep. the Tub didn't really work so I laved back down to see if I could get to sleep after a few minutes I realized I couldn't and I told Darin my back was hurting pretty bad. Darin reminded me it was a nice little drive make sure it was real before calling everyone. I agreed and tried to wait it out but after a few more contractions which were one on top of another and I was very snappy I called the midwife to tell her what was going on and she was at another birth and said she call me back in a few minutes she need to make a phone call. Then my mom walked in asked who was in the tub. I told her me my back hurt she started to ask if I was in labor I was like I don't know leave me alone I didn't really want to admit anything to her and I told her to get out the room when I was contracting I didn't want her to see me like that. Kami (my midwife) called me back and because of how I sounded Kami was worried we wouldn't make it to the birth center so she told me to head to Covington instead.... everyone asked me about the kids coming I wasn't sure I just started packing my things and said I was thinking. I was in a lot of pain and had a hard day with them, but it was really important to me to welcome the baby as a family thought about bring one or two, but couldn't leave anyone out so I said no I want my babies with me !! I finished packing up what I needed then my dad shows up and had some Drama there my mom took him outside and sent him home. Darin got Alexander & Cameron in the car and I carried Isabella to the car between contractions. They kids sleep in the car to Covington which was good Cause Alexander & Cameron had been fighting a lot in the car this past week. The ride to Covington was hard on me I was contraction pretty bad and unable to move around and I was moaning like I did when in transition with Isabella, but I still wasn't total sure this was it and if it was I thought I be about 6 cm when we got to where Kami was. I had it in my head we still had an hour drive ahead of us to the birth center since we were going to convention first. We arrived at where the midwife was at another birth about 1:30 am She met us outside and brought me in an outside office and wanted to check me before we decided where to go. I got on the birthing stool it took me two contractions to get my bottoms all the way off. Kami checked me I was 10 cm and total ready to have the baby. I was in shock that I was that far along My midwife suggested we delivery at her house and offered fro us to stay a few days I was fine with that since there was no way to making it to the birthing center. I rode in her car where I could recline in her car unlike mine that had an infant seat behind my chair. We arrived at her house about 1:45am she set up and asked me where I wanted to Deliver at.Kami showed me one bedroom with a huge king size bed it looked nice but I quickly realized I was scared of a land birth and asked to get in her tub she cleaned it and filed it up I got in and had a few contractions before I started to push the kids were all around this normal size tub watching with not an ounce of fear but more excitement because "the baby was coming" the kids were into helping me out Darin was holding my hand as I pushed and all the kids had there hands on my arm and they didn't bother me at all I loved having them there with me even though the contractions when all I wanted to was give up and was in so much pain and felt I couldn't go anymore. I felt like I was pushing for a while and the baby just wasn't coming down. Kami had to me to a few pushes on my hands and knees and after that the baby got past my pubic bone but I hated those contractions on my hands and knees they hurt soo much. once the baby crowned I felt this huge urge to push the baby out, but Kami reminded me to only pushing during the contractions so I didn't tear, but once the baby started to come out it flew out shoulders and all at 2:20am on October 6, 2005, less than three hours after I went into labor. Kami grab my beautiful baby out of the water and handed it to me I couldn't believe this baby was in my arms already I took at my baby total lost in the moment. Alex, Cameron, & Bella were still around me and watched in amazement. a few moments later were picked the baby up off my chest to take a look at the gender. We asked Alex what is it. He called out "A boy" I held this baby with my husband and children in awe aver this new member of our family as the placenta came out and then Alex helped cut the cord. I Then got up and walked to the bedroom and climb into bed with all four of my children. We Then asked the kids if they knew the baby name and they didn't so we announced the baby's name to them.... Zackariah Elijah They weren't too sure of the name but I believe it fits him well lots of growing room. I nursed my new baby boy, Zackariah with amazement at such a wonderful prefect little baby and just so happy to have him in such a wonderful realized setting with my children they and I truly feel that is they way this birth was meant to be. We had been thought a lot with this pregnancy and everything as a family and it was nice to have such a wonderful family experience ! Kami Then came in and check on us she weighed our beautiful baby boy 6 pounds 3 oz and18 inches he is perfect in every way end left intact ! She left for the other birth and Darin put the older way tooo excited older sibling to bed and the baby and I curled up and bed and nursed until we drifted off to sleep together lost in our own little world. The next morning I work up felt better than I had felt in weeks wanted to call the world and tell them we had our baby !!! I got up took some pictures of the other kids sleeping only four hours after giving birth I felt great !! I was walking around like nothing I shower dressed the kids had some breakfast. My parents came by saw the baby and took Alex, Cameron & Bella home with them so we could rest. Darin went out to get me some lunch and we spent the day in bed napping together and the rest of the time calling out family and friends to let them know the wonderful news of our wonderful home birth that was soo fast and amazing but I wouldn't have it any other way we have a beautiful addition to our family that was welcome in a most wonderful and loving way and we wouldn't have it any other way. Welcome to the world our perfect little boy Zackariah Elijah !!





























































































1 comment:

Amanda said...

Beautiful birth story and a beautiful baby. Thank you for sharing. :)